Friday, October 28, 2011

5K

Started my 5K training program today.  It was ten 1 min. runs with 2 mins. walking in between.  I think I did pretty well... tried to speed up my running a little bit... Did so more on the first couple than the rest, but still overall, I think it was faster.  Total, I went a little over 4 miles in 1:12, and I ran a total of 25 mins. of that.  If I do it in exactly 8 weeks, I should be running 30 mins. straight (theoretically 5k, but I know I won't be going that fast) by Dec. 23 (1 week after graduation!).  But because of holidays and whatnot, I'm going to give myself some grace, and my goal is to be there by the end of the year.  I would even be fine if I got there by my birthday (Jan. 14).

No comments:

Post a Comment